MISSISSIPPI - HISTORIC STATE FLAG - FOR OUTDOOR USE
On November 3, 2020, a new Mississippian flag design was approved by the state's voters. This flag features the old--now historic--flag design. It has a heading and grommet finish.
- 100% MADE IN THE USA - Our flags are not only assembled here in the USA; They are manufactured in the USA, too.
- FLAG MATERIAL - We use a tightly woven, high-quality, 200-denier nylon material. In most weather conditions, nylon is the ideal material for an all-purpose flag. (If your flag will be flown in high-wind conditions, consider picking a polyester flag instead of nylon.) Our nylon flags have a lustrous appearance, are lightweight enough to fly in the slightest breeze, and dry quickly after getting wet.
- FLAG FINISH - This flag has a heavy canvas heading and solid brass grommets.
- INTENDED USE - This flag is designed for outdoor use.
MISSISSIPPI FLAG FACTS
Mississippi was granted statehood on December 10, 1817.
In 1861, Mississippi voted to secede from the Union. For a few weeks, the Bonnie Blue flag was flown until the Mississippi secession convention adopted a design which contained a Magnolia tree on a white background with the Bonnie Blue star on a blue background in the upper left corner (canton). In addition, they flew the flags of the Confederate States of America from 1861 to 1865.
In 1894, the Mississippi legislation authorized a committee to design an official state flag. The proposed design was approved by a vote of nearly two to one. It contained:
- Three horizontal stripes (blue, white, red)
- At the upper left corner (canton) is a red square (its height is equivalent to the two top stripes)
- Within the square is what is usually called the Confederate battle flag, or the "union square"
- The canton has a red background with a blue cross, bordered in white, and thirteen, five-pointed stars
Over the years, a number of changes in the design were proposed with the intention of removing the Confederate battle flag from the Mississippi flag. The proposals all failed until November 3, 2020, when a new design featuring a magnolia flower was approved by Mississippian voters.
Pledge to the Mississippi State Flag
"I salute the flag of Mississippi and the sovereign state for which it stands with pride in her history and achievements and with confidence in her future under the guidance of Almighty God."
INCLUDED WITH YOUR PURCHASE
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
Here at Flags USA, American-made flags and flag accessories have been our specialty since we opened our doors over thirty years ago. Our goal is to see that you are equipped with the flags and accessories that best suit your needs. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 866-879-1776.